Re: XML description of all GTK widgets?

On Jan 16, 2008 8:51 PM, Lawrence Nolin <ln imap cc> wrote:
Hi,
Is there an XML description of all GTK Widgets? By this I mean a list of
all available GTK widgets with their available properties, signals, and
functions which operate on them? Basically an easily parse-able version
of a API documentation. (It doesn't have to be XML, just something
easier to parse than HTML :-).

(I ask because I'm writing a language binding to GTK, and I have
successfully bound most of the relevant parts of GObject; thanks to
that, binding specific GTK widgets is just a matter doing something
like:

bind_widget("widget_name", "parent")
bind_widget_property("widget_name", "property_name", property_type)
bind_widget_signal("widget_name", "signal_name", arg1, arg2, ...)

but it's getting tiresome copying/pasting from the API, so I want to
automate the process).

I think you should look into the gobject-introspection project, I'm not
sure whos working on it presently and where they are, but they
have an api description XMLish format that covers all function calls
(the project involves generating these XML files from source and
gtk-doc statements to make language bindings easier).

Is it possible the format is called IDL ? maybe I am thinking
of something else though...

Cheers,
                -Tristan