Re: Installing GTK+ on Windows XP

> However, every zip file downloaded from www.gimp.org/wind32 has its own bin,
> lib, etc, subfolders.

Yes, and nothing prevents you from unzipping them all in the same
location. That is the expected way to use them. (There shouldn't be
any duplicated files in the different packages.)

> Can I transfer the entire GTK+ folder with subfolders
> to c:\program files\Python\bin, and then transfer all of GTK+'s dependecies
> and their subfolders to c:\program files\Python\lib?

Nah, I would keep stuff from different sources separate. Just set your
PATH as necessary to include both the Python bin folder and the bin
folder with the DLLs for the GTK+ stack. And don't break the directory
structure from inside the GTK+ etc zip files; don't change the
relative locations of files from a zipfile. It's fine to move the
whole unzipped tree as a whole, though.

--tml