Re: Tearoffs/transient windows and minimize in Win32

Tor Lillqvist wrote:
Our Gtk-based Win32 application have a "minimize" behaviour that's
confusing to many users wrt handling of transient windows and also
"torn-off" menus.

There has been lots of issues in GTK+ on Windows related to the
handling of transient windows, focus and activeness, and modality.
Many problems have been fixed quite recently.
OK
I'm using gtk+ 2.10.7 - the binary version from
http://www.gimp.org/%7Etml/gimp/win32/downloads.html

That is a bit old. The 2.10 branch is not maintained any more. Try the
latest GTK+ Windows binaries, at this moment 2.12.3,
That works in the sense that my transient windows are correctly minimized and restored along with the main window.

Unfortunately, the update has introduced a problem that may be more serious. I need to look at it closer in order to find out what exactly is going on, but it may seem like if I show, then hide (without destroying) a transient window, then minimize and restore the main one, the transient is redisplayed. It won't have any contents, though, except from being filled with the background colour, i.e. it looks like the widgets inside it are still hidden.

Similar weird stuff may also be going on with the menus. All pulldowns, that is, not just tear-offs.

I'll try to test some more and give you further details later.

- Toralf