libpng13.dll

Hi,

I saw some mention of libpng12.dll vs libpng13.dll last month, but just in case you are not aware of it, there is currently a problem with making a clean GTK installation in Windows from the posted versions due to this:

I just made a clean install of GTK on a new Windows XP laptop. I first ran the GTK 2.10.11 install from gladewin32.sourceforge.net, and then downloaded the latest atk, cairo, glib, gtk, pango, gettext, libiconv, libpng, pkg-config and zlib from Tor’s website, and installed these on top of it. When I’ve done that before it’s given me a working GTK installation, but this time it didn’t – building and then running an app gave a “libpng13.dll not found” error.

The problem seems to be with the libpng link from Tor’s site which says “libpng 1.2.8” but takes you to “gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/libpng.htm” which has libpng-1.2.24.zip, not 1.2.8. This contains libpng12.dll, not libpng13.dll.

I had a previously downloaded libpng-1.2.8.zip saved, and that does contain libpng13.dll, and installing that on top of the above fixed the problem.

Tor – you might want to update your libpng download link to point to a libpng-1.2.8.zip file somewhere.

Ian