storing iterators in GValue

My language binding needs to be able to deal with text and tree
iterators.

Since they aren't GObject based, I can't just use my generic
GObject wrapper. Rather than creating specific wrappers for
the iterators, I'd prefer to have a general GValue based
wrapper.

So, does any prefabricated logic exist for storing these
iterators in GValue? If not, I suppose they should be
registered as boxed types. Has anyone been there and
done that?

How does Python and other languages deal with these beasts?