Re: bprintf

If you read more carefully, the excerpt you show here has all the
answers. First, the configuration script keeps running after failing
the test for bprintf(), meaning that it is optional (or even,
occasionally, that its presence would have made building impossible,
or necessitate work-arounds of some sort.) Second, if you're still
interested in where bprintf() can be located: -lsnmp is a flag that
gets passed to the compiler, and then on to the linker, telling it to
link to one libsnmp.so (so: shared object; like a DLL on Windows,) so
you can infer from this part of the configuration script that
bprintf() is being looked for in "libsnmp" (sorry I can't tell you
more, I don't know what libsnmp might be.)

The reason the configuration step for GTK is failing is because it
couldn't find your GTK installation (or at least one part of it.) It's
likely that one of the following things has occurred:

- You have not installed GTK (perhaps you only built it; to install
the build you may have made, try "sudo make install" or just "make
install" as root.)

- You have installed GTK to your home directory. In this case, you'll
need to alter your shell's command search path which can be found in
your PATH environment variable. Try "export
PATH=/home/username/path/to/gtk/installation/root/bin:$PATH" and then
run "./configure" again. Remember that if you exit the shell after
modifying your PATH environ on the commandline, your modified PATH
environ will revert to its old value the next time you start a shell
(or, for that matter, if you start another shell.)

- You have installed GTK to an alternate destination directory like
/usr/local or /opt. This situation is similar to the one above, and
you only need to modify your PATH environ to fix the problem. In
either case, running commands like "locate gtk-config" or the slower
(but more accurate) "find / -name gtk-config" will help you find where
it's been installed.

Good luck! And happy new year!