gconfmm

Is gconfmm-2.6 broken on Ubuntu 7.04? I can't use it as autoconf can't
seem to find it, although I've install every blessed and remotely
associated library I can find that mentions it. I've taken the time to
write my own gconf wrapper but this is a big waste of time if it does
work and I just have a broken instllation; although I've tried to use
it on two different machines with both x86 and amd-64 architectures.
The entire source spur just seems broken to me.