Re: What does this mean?

What other so far haven't told you, and I can't completely blame them,
is that you don't know how to use the shell you're using. Of
particular interest is your use of the ampersand to end your command.
In many popular shells like Bash, the ampersand runs the command in
the "background." You can still interact with the shell, but as you
may have noticed, the program will still spit its output into your
terminal. The output "[7] 4506" is the shell telling you the "job ID"
and the process ID, respectfully. As others have already suggested:
man bash.