gdb & gtk+: Cannot find new threads: generic error

Hello. I have a wierd gdb problem which is only reproducible with some
gtk programs but not all of them.

For example, gedit works perfectly:

knocte111 linux-jsnn:~> gdb gedit
GNU gdb (GDB; openSUSE:11.1) 6.8.50.20081120-cvs
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i586-suse-linux".
<http://bugs.opensuse.org/>...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/gedit
[New Thread 0xb35d9b90 (LWP 5765)]

After that, I see the new window of gedit appearing.

However, this doesn't work for gtk-demo:

knocte111 linux-jsnn:~> gdb gtk-demo
GNU gdb (GDB; openSUSE:11.1) 6.8.50.20081120-cvs
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i586-suse-linux".
<http://bugs.opensuse.org/>...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/gtk-demo
Error while reading shared library symbols:
Cannot find new threads: generic error
Cannot find new threads: generic error
(gdb) quit
The program is running.  Quit anyway (and kill it)? (y or n) y

Any ideas why this happens?

Thanks very much,

	Andrés