Re: Images in GTK over DirectFB - delay in image transitions

Hi All,

I made the transition smooth by destroying only the image and recreating a new one. I now have another problem - memory leak. I first create a pixbuf, scale it and then create an image widget from the scaled pixbuf. I see a memory leak here. I feel that its because i am not freeing pixbuf at all. My code is like this

pixbuf = gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file(filename,NULL );
pixbuf_scaled = gdk_pixbuf_scale_simple(pixbuf,640,480,GDK_INTERP_BILINEAR);
image = gtk_image_new_from_pixbuf(pixbuf_scaled);

I destroy image whenever i need a new image later. How can i free pixbuf and pixbuf_scaled after image widget is created?