Images in GTK over DirectFB - delay in image transitions

Hi All,

I am implementing a image viewer using GTK on DirectFB on an embedded ARM. When i press next i should get a new image. At present i am putting an image(VGA size) in a window and destroying the window and creating a new window with next image. I see that its taking a lot of time in transition.

At present my sequence is :

 when next button is pressed -
          1. Create new window with new image.
          2. Show new window
          3. Destroy old window

I thought old window will still be shown until new window is created so transition will be smooth. But still transition is taking time.

Is there any better way to do this so that the transition is smooth?

--
Regards,
Harinandan S