gtk_print

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 3:41 PM, Chris Vine <chris cvine freeserve co uk>
wrote:

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:47:54 +0200 (CEST)
    "Richard Boaz" <riboaz xs4all nl> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > The documentation for gtk_print states that once the user is finished
    > with gtk_print_operation_run(), the "::draw-page" signal will be
    > emitted. This signal is then to be caught by the program, using Cairo
    > to render to the GtkPrintContext.
    >
    > Except that I have a Postscript file that needs to be sent to the
    > printer.
    >
    > Does this mean that I cannot use the GtkPrint functionality?;
    > specifically, the dialog showing the available printers and allowing
    > the user to select one of them to send the Postscript file to?

    or if you are using Unix you could use the
    GtkPrintJob/GtkPrintUnixDialog interface to send the postscript file
    directly to the underlying print system (cups or lpr) - see
    gtk_print_job_set_source_file().

Unfortunately, this needs to work on W32 platform as well, so the
UNIX-specific solution won't work for me.

    You can draw the postscript file to the cairo surface in the ordinary
    way using GtkPrintOperation,

I'm confused.  The example for the draw-page signal renders to the cairo
print context using cairo commands.  How do I take a postscript file and
"draw" it to this cairo print context (in the ordinary way)?

I've looked at the GTK+ and Cairo documentation and see only functions
that are uni-directional, i.e., Cairo -> Postscript.  Are there functions
that go the other direction, PS -> Cairo?

Or am I missing something completely obvious?

thanks,

richard