Re: Why "GtkWidget->window" is "NULL" when "gtk_window_new()"

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 10:15 +0800, Lazy Fox wrote:
> I followed your advice and found that "Cairo" is a vector graphics
> library.
> I think the vector drawing action will cost more cpu, gpu or ram then
> gdk_draw_* API.
> But my target device is an embeded system with ARM9 cpu, and have not
> gpu.
> So I think the gdk_draw_* API is better of me and my device.
> Am I right?

no. cairo is not targetted exclusively at one drawing platform. worst
case scenario: cairo makes exactly the same Xlib drawing calls that GDK
would have.

> And I found that the Cairo library had not be integrated into the GTK+
> 2.12.
> I have to compile and intstall it into my embeded filesystem manually.
> Am I right?

sort of kind of wrong. It is true that Cairo is not part of GTK, but
then neither is Glib, which GTK uses extensively. Same with Pango.