Compiling gtk+-2.10.2 - can't find pangocairo package

This is pretty much still an open issue as I've not seen any reported solutions affirmed as working... but I can't build pangocairo.

I've spent the last 3 days (including my beautiful NY weekend) trying to find the combination of ./configure switches or tarballs that builds the pangocairo that not only gtk+ needs but gnucash, which is my ultimate goal.

Solution are reputed that pango requires cairo to be installed but, as many people have reported over the years, I've got that and the pango installs don't perform the build of pangocairo. I've tried old and new versions of pango with no luck.

someone, anyone, please post a solution (or reply directly) with any advice.

many thanks

Zoid   (listbliss the-lounge us)