GTK-DirectFB doesnt display fonts properly while running some GTK programs such as Sylpheed

Hi All,

I got GTK-DirectFB system working on ARM. I tried a few GTK programs and they ran fine. But when i run sylpheed email client as an example of GTK program I found that fonts are not displayed properly. I've attached a screen shot also.

Can anyone please tell me why this is  happening? I use GTK 2.12.2 over DirectFB 1.1.1. Is this something to do with GTK/Fontconfig/Pango not being installed properly?
--
Regards,
Harinandan S