Re: Pixbuf loading question

That wont be a fix, instead a hack.

Whats the problem with this cache? It is suposed to be updated when you edit those files, so it is transparent to you if it exists or not.
Why do you need the overhead?

2008/4/7, nico <nbd free fr>:
Paul Davis a écrit :

> it is the operating system that does this for you, not GTK.

wow my operating system is so clever ;-)

> the only way i know that you can stop this is to run something before
> your application that starts up which will completely clear what is
> called the "buffer cache". there are a number of ways of doing this. one
> can be to run a grep across the whole filesystem.

If I understand correct a command like :
"grep -R dummy /" ?
> another is a small
> program that allocates more and more memory until it fails.

Do you have an example for that ? Like always creating a big object in
a  for ever loop ?

He means, make a huge program that fills the entire memory, forcing the OS to unload unneeded files. That will be like a virus.

Thanks !