Re: pressing arrow key terminates the application

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 10:30:59PM -0700, varun_shrivastava wrote:

> i have written a simple gtk application which only loads a webpage.
> I have used following widgets
>
> GtkWindow->GtkVBox
> GtkVbox contains Gtk Entry for url display and GtkNotebook for webpage
> display.
>
> while the webpage is loading and i press down arrow
> the application terminates.
>
> please help
>
> here is a snapshot of gdb
>
> varun http://www.nabble.com/file/p12421393/snap.jpg snap.jpg

You are on Unix, instead of making 200kB screenshots of
terminals with semitransparent background, you can use
script(1) or just select the text and paste it to the
e-mail.

The problem is not in _gtk_marshal_BOOLEAN__BOXED().  This
function is very simple, generated(!) according to a known
pattern and called a zillion times in every Gtk+ application
-- every time an event is delivered.

So you have either
- treading problem (not likely if the bug is deterministic)
- bug in your code that causes stack and/or other memory
  corruption
- bug in the way you use the (unknown) HTML renderer
- bug in the (unknown) HTML renderer

Use valgrind.  Do not strip the libraries to see more
information.  Try if it still crashes if you don't put it
into a notebook (then the (unknown) HTML renderer perhaps
cannot handle disappearing while loading the page).  And
what `I press down arrow' means anyway? -- which widget has
the keyboard focus at that time?  Just the normal debugging,
unless a clairvoyant reads this list, no one will tell you
anything from a corrupted stack trace (beside the fact that
the stack seems corrupted).

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/