Help with installation problem?

Hi,

I’m trying to install gtk+-2.10.14 on RHEL 4.

When running ./configure

I get the following error message.

“error: X development libraries not found”

I’m kindof new at this installation stuff and linux. I’ve spent quite a bit of time searching the internet and my system for X development libraries without success but, quite frankly don’t really know what I’m looking for.

How would I find out if these are actually on my system and ./configure just can’t find them?

Or/And

Where would I get these so I can install them?

Thanks much in advance, Case

---

Case Torres

Quantum Composers, Inc.