Re: Filtering Recent Documents

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 23:41 +0200, Teemu Ikonen wrote:

> I also have another problem: A recent files -submenu created with
> GtkRecentAction does not emit the "activate" signal at all. If I
> replace the RecentAction in my code with a normal Action, the activate
> signal gets emitted. Is this a bug, or am I just using the API in a
> wrong way?

since the GtkRecentAction provides a menu item with a submenu, and you
can't click those, the ::activate signal is only useful for the toolbar
items the recent action also provides.

the correct way to catch an activation on the items of the submenu (in
both the menu and toolbar items) is to use the ::item-activated signal
of the GtkRecentChooser interface that GtkRecentAction implements.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,