Re: How to disable reading of ~/.config/gtk-2.0 ?

On 10/11/07, Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 12:07 -0300, Alexandre Moreira wrote:
> > On 10/11/07, Geoff Bache <geoff bache jeppesen com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am trying to create some automated tests for a GTK app. Naturally I'd like
> > >  these tests to behave in the same way whoever runs them. Hence I'd like
> > > to configure GTK
> > > not to read any personal configuration files.
> > >
> > > I think I've hunted down most of them but it still seems to read the file
> > > ~/.config/gtk-2.0/gtkfilechooser. Is there any way to disable the reading
> > > of this file (or point it at a standard centralised version instead)? I
> > > googled around for
> > > an environment variable but didn't find one.
>
> ~/.config is a typical location for XDG_DATA_HOME I believe
> (so setting that env var should change the base location
> of user specific gtk+ config files).
>
> > I am sorry for being (slightly, I believe) off topic, but: Can you
> > point me to some docs telling me what this config file (for
> > gtkfilechooser) does ?
>
> that looks pretty simple, look mine says:
>
> <gtkfilechooser>
>   <location mode="path-bar"/>
>   <show_hidden value="true"/>
>   <expand_folders value="false"/>
> </gtkfilechooser>

Well, my question was horribly formulated. Sorry :). What I wanted to
know was if there was a place with more information than those simple
stuff. What kind of options a gtkfilechooser can have, stuff like
that. But I've been googling and I believe it is pretty much all that
it has :)

Thanks,
Alexandre Moreira