Re: How to disable reading of ~/.config/gtk-2.0 ?

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 12:07 -0300, Alexandre Moreira wrote:
> On 10/11/07, Geoff Bache <geoff bache jeppesen com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to create some automated tests for a GTK app. Naturally I'd like
> >  these tests to behave in the same way whoever runs them. Hence I'd like
> > to configure GTK
> > not to read any personal configuration files.
> >
> > I think I've hunted down most of them but it still seems to read the file
> > ~/.config/gtk-2.0/gtkfilechooser. Is there any way to disable the reading
> > of this file (or point it at a standard centralised version instead)? I
> > googled around for
> > an environment variable but didn't find one.

~/.config is a typical location for XDG_DATA_HOME I believe
(so setting that env var should change the base location
of user specific gtk+ config files).

> I am sorry for being (slightly, I believe) off topic, but: Can you
> point me to some docs telling me what this config file (for
> gtkfilechooser) does ?

that looks pretty simple, look mine says:

<gtkfilechooser>
  <location mode="path-bar"/>
  <show_hidden value="true"/>
  <expand_folders value="false"/>
</gtkfilechooser>

looks like some user specific preferences of how the
filechooser was when last closed (and should be when
next reopened...)

Cheers,
                -Tristan