g_option_context_parse under cron execution

Hi,

I am using the following code to parse my routine's command line:

gboolean parsePQLXargs(int argc, char **argv, PQLXSRVRSTRUCT *pqlxSrvr)
{
  gboolean	ret=TRUE;
  GOptionContext *context;
  GError 	*error = NULL;
  static GOptionEntry entries[] =
  {
    { "dbName", 0, 0, G_OPTION_ARG_STRING, NULL, "PQLX Database Name",
"[SERVER:]pqlxDB" },
    { "numCPU", 0, 0, G_OPTION_ARG_INT, NULL, "Number of CPUs to use", "#" },
    { "identFile", 0, 0, G_OPTION_ARG_STRING, NULL, "File Containing List
of Traces to be Re-Analyzed", "path-to-file" },
    { NULL }
  };

  entries[0].arg_data = &pqlxSrvr->pdfSrvr;
  entries[1].arg_data = &pqlxSrvr->numCPUS;
  entries[2].arg_data = &pqlxSrvr->identFile;
  context = g_option_context_new ("- Execute pqlxSrvr");
  g_option_context_add_main_entries (context, entries, NULL);
  g_option_context_add_group (context, gtk_get_option_group (TRUE));
  if (!g_option_context_parse (context, &argc, &argv, &error))
  {
    if (error)
	fprintf(stdout, "parse error: %s\n", error->message);
    else
	fprintf(stdout, "parse failed, there is no error\n");
    ret = FALSE;
  }
  return ret;
}

Everything works fine when the program is executed directly from a command
line.

However, when executed via a cron job, g_option_context_parse() returns
FALSE, i.e., failure.  Except the error structure is still NULL, i.e., no
error is set as a result of this failure.

So my questions:

1) why does g_option_context_parse() fail when executed under cron?
2) why is there no error set on this failure?

Does anyone use the glib command line parser under a cron execution?
Search by google found no references to this particular combination being
problematic and at this point I must simply write my own command line
parser since cron execution is an absolute requirement for me.

Any pointers appreciated.  If this should be regarded as a bug, let me
know, I'm happy to log a report.

cheers,

richard