Split cursor and win32

Hi there,
I'm adding BIDI support to a GTK applications textview. On Linux it
defaults to having a split cursor (with direction arrows) and this
seems like a really neat feature when working with BIDI. The problem
is that in the win32 version of GTK split-cursor is hard wired to be
switched of even if it is explicitly set it in the gtkrc.

The code that short circuits this setting is probably in
gdkproperty-win32 line 623 (GTK 2.10.14):
8<----
  else if (strcmp ("gtk-split-cursor", name) == 0)
    {
      GDK_NOTE(MISC, g_print("gdk_screen_get_setting(\"%s\") : FALSE\n", name));
      g_value_set_boolean (value, FALSE);
      return TRUE;
    }
--->8

Is there any other way to turn this on without using the
"gdkproperty-win32" code?
If not is there any chance of this behaviour to be changed in future
versions or is it disabled for reasons I'm missing?

Thanks for a great tool kit.

Regards,
Fredrik