Re: How can I scroll my gtk application window programmically?

On Nov 11, 2007 9:00 AM, Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 20:53 -0600, ying lcs wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to know how can I scroll my gtk application window programmically?
> >
> > I have tried this, but the scroll bar does not make and the content of
> > the window did not get refresh?
> >
> > GtkWidget* topLevelWindow;
> >  GdkWindow* win = topLevelWindow->window;
> >
> >  gdk_window_scroll (win, 1, 880);
>
> read the docs  for GtkScrolledWindow, its more likely to be what you
> want.

Thanks. My application is currently is created using gtk_window_new()

 // create our new toplevel window
  browser->topLevelWindow = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);

And it will create scroll bars for me if the content is bigger than
the visible size of the window.

So I am not sure if/why I need to switch to GtkScrolledWindow.

Thank you for any more pointers.