Re: Question regarding GdkPixmap struct

On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 13:35 -0500, anurag sogal wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> I reviewed the code for scribble.c program which uses a backing pixmap
> to store the what ever is drawn. However when I browsed through the .h
> files such as gdkpixmap.h and gdk.h , there was no structure like
> GdkPixmap. The documentation says that it is an opaque structure.
> Whats does that mean?

Pixmaps are server-side objects. the client (your app) has no access to
them.

> The reason why I want to know what is inside it is because I want to
> use the values within the structure of GdkPixmap to recreate a pixmap
> on a remote machine.
>
> Can somebody tell me where I can find the details of this structure
> also can how can I use these values (that I have obtained from within
> the structure to re-create the pixmap.

you will want to use a GdkPixbuf instead, which is a client-side object
that has pixel values that you can actually read.

it, like GdkPixmap, is a GdkDrawable, and so can be used for all the
same things that a GdkPixmap can.