Re: dependencies

--- Norm Reitzel <NormReitzel swbell net> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 May 2007 14:21:00 -0400
> "Bill Cunningham" <billcu2 verizon net> wrote:
>
> >     I am trying to build the newest gtk+ and the X libraries I am using want
> > freetype and fontconfig. Fontconfig seems to have disappeared I finally
> > found a 2.3.2 version and it doesn't want to compile. I used to get around
> > this by shutting off freetype compilation but that switch seems to be no
> > longer available. I have Xft installed and I believe that's a freetype
> > library of sorts. And the latest version doesn't want to compile. I used to
> > use the switch --with-libiconv=gnu and it would compile. Not anymore. Has
> > anyone kept up with the changes and knows what's going on?
>
> Sergei at Apps from Scratch has an excellent list of dependencies you can use.
>
> However, one thing I will mention is that quite a few of the projects, and the tarballs
> associated with them, have ended up moving from wherever they were in the first place to
> freedesktop.org.  This is one of the places you should be looking to find files.  Since this is
> a (relatively) new and ongoing event, Google searches tend to not be as helpful as they once
> were, or will be again after things settle down.
>
> -- Norm Reitzel

Since my AppsFromScratch tool downloads everything from Internet, I hope I've encoded
URLs correctly (just because the toole works :-) ).

And since all the URLs are in one file, one can easily find what the URLs are.

Regards,
  Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/

____________________________________________________________________________________Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.