Re: dependencies

On Fri, 25 May 2007 14:21:00 -0400
"Bill Cunningham" <billcu2 verizon net> wrote:

>     I am trying to build the newest gtk+ and the X libraries I am using want
> freetype and fontconfig. Fontconfig seems to have disappeared I finally
> found a 2.3.2 version and it doesn't want to compile. I used to get around
> this by shutting off freetype compilation but that switch seems to be no
> longer available. I have Xft installed and I believe that's a freetype
> library of sorts. And the latest version doesn't want to compile. I used to
> use the switch --with-libiconv=gnu and it would compile. Not anymore. Has
> anyone kept up with the changes and knows what's going on?

Sergei at Apps from Scratch has an excellent list of dependencies you can use.

However, one thing I will mention is that quite a few of the projects, and the tarballs associated with them, have ended up moving from wherever they were in the first place to freedesktop.org.  This is one of the places you should be looking to find files.  Since this is a (relatively) new and ongoing event, Google searches tend to not be as helpful as they once were, or will be again after things settle down.

-- Norm Reitzel