Re: Gnuplot-like library for GTK

Perhaps python/pyGTK/numpy/matplotlib.
The development is very active.
It's a very nice solution to plot a la matlab and create scientific
applications (python can be extended with C/C++/fortran for CPU
expensive routines)

If you use C/C++, try the C numpy API and embed the python interpreter
(not bad for the futur) and embed with a socket a matplotlib/GTK
frontend window.

Cyril.