TreeView and Window resize?

I have got a question regarding the use of the Treeview.

How do I make the TreeView resize when I resize the window of the
application? I have put a TreeView inside a ScrolledWindow. As long as there
is no model associated with the TreeView, the widget expands correctly when
resizing the window. But once I have created a model and added it to the
TreeView, the widget doesn't expand anymore, it's size stays fixed. How do I
make a TreeVew resize together with the window, so that it fills all
available space?

Thanks in advanced ;)