Re: Re: Editable Label Widget

My problem with using a GtkEntry is that I need the label to be
multi-lined. I don't want to use GtkCellView because, when I edit
the text, it will resize the widget. It is possible to have hundreds
of these widgets in a column, so that would be a rendering mess.

I had originally used the idea of switching between a GtkLabel and
GtkEntry. There are a few problems with this. First, you still have the
resizing issues. The user can't see the whole text when it is in a
GtkEntry, so it will be difficult to edit longer texts. Also, you have to
keep two widgets around, which takes more memory.

I had created a very bad implementation of the GtkEditableLabel
widget that just resets the text on user input, but this is obviously
not the optimal solution. Plus, I am looking at creating something
that would be more versitile, and not depend directly on my
specific application.

Anyway, I'm leaning toward just creating a new widget so that I
don't have to deal with the selection info. This will allow me to reuse
some of the EelEditableLabel code. (BTW ... hello Ana!)