Re: Highlight(activating?) a specific row in a list

From: Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com>
> On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 20:19 +0000, 999alfred comcast net wrote:
> > I have a project where I periodically update a list tree view. Now when ever I
> update the list, is there was a row highlighted by a mouse single click, the
> highlight disappears. Now, I wrote code to be able to identify the old row as
> the new store is built. But, my question is how is the best way to activate that
> row?
> > I looked at
> > (void gtk_tree_view_row_activated         (GtkTreeView *tree_view,
> >                                                          GtkTreePath *path,
> >                                                          GtkTreeViewColumn
> *column);
> >
> > But, How do I get the GtkTreeViewColumn argument? And why is it a column and
> not a row?
>
> you really want to use the GtkTreeSelection object:
>
>   http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkTreeSelection.html
>
> and the gtk_tree_selection_select_iter()/_path() functions.
>
> ciao,
>  Emmanuele.

I am now confused (really my normal state), and it could be because of terminology.
Here's how I do my storage.

gtk_list_store_clear(store);
while(){
    gtk_list_store_append (store, &iter);
   // format data...

    gtk_list_store_set (store, &iter, 0, data, -1);
    gtk_list_store_set (store, &iter, 1, data1, -1);
    gtk_list_store_set (store, &iter, 2, data2, -1);
} //while

Now, would it be best to check for my data match?
But how do I tell what to use with the gtk_tree_selection_select_iter()/_path() functions to activate my desired row of data?

tj