Re: GTK/Pango problem?

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 05:58:19PM -0400, Williams, Jacob A CTR USA 116th (PEROT) wrote:

> I am running RHEL 3 on several systems (no GTK2) and wanted GTK2 support
> for some of my apps.  I compiled all the requisite software originally
> to be in /opt/ on my local machine and everything works fine.  I need to
> push this out to many network clients via an NFS mount from my server
> and realized I can't make this work mounting /opt/ from the NFS server
> so I created a share point /opt/gtk2/ on each client and I'm mounting my
> lib, bin, etc directories from there.  I've set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
> include the new lib directory.  I am getting my php-gtk app to run now
> on the other machine, but it is complaining about pango not being able
> to find the modules.
>
> It looks in /opt/etc/pango/pango.modules, which has of course been moved
> to /opt/gtk2/etc/pango/pango.modules.  I ran pango-querymodules to
> update the paths in the file, but then I get a cryptic error that the
> file does not contain a "key-value pair, group or comment."  To get that
> error I have to set my PANGO_RC_FILE environment variable to point to
> the new file.  My window launches, but the text is unreadable since the
> fonts aren't loaded.  I'm trying to avoid recompiling this whole kit to
> point to the new location.  Any good suggestions?

IMO rebuilding is the easy and straightforward way... seems
you want it the hard way.

PANGO_RC_FILE points to `pangorc' file, not to pango.modules.
Most likely you don't have any pangorc as most people don't
need it.  However, you are in a situation you might use one.
Put something like

  [Pango]
  ModuleFiles = /opt/gtk2/etc/pango/pango.modules

  [PangoX]
  AliasFiles = /opt/gtk2/etc/pango/pangox.aliases

there, point PANGO_RC_FILE to it and run

  pango-querymodules >/opt/gtk2/etc/pango/pango.modules

Anything Pango should find pangorc and consequently
pango.modules and consequently the modules now -- provided
that it has PANGO_RC_FILE properly set.

And only fixing Gtk+ input methods, pixbuf loaders, default
rc, theme engines, ... remains.

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/