Re: (severe) performance issues

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 09:24 -0700, David J. Andruczyk wrote:
> Though when a widget implementation causes 5-10x more cpu usage due
> to a bad design. I think it warrants attention.
>
> [suggested fix snipped]
>
> It would solve the cpu usage problem from the resize triggers and
> not break backwards compat.  It's also something that should have
> been done 3-5 years ago.

It's open-source software.  If this issue is that important to you,
submit a patch.  Criticizing the volunteers working on GTK+, who
evidently haven't found this to be a significant enough issue to warrant
this kind of attention, isn't a constructive way to promote change.

- Michael

--
Michael Ekstrand
Research Assistant, Scalable Computing Laboratory