Re: (severe) performance issues

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 09:04 -0700, David J. Andruczyk wrote:
> And the GTK+ developers haven't fixed this because of what?  pride?
>
> I've seen this issue in GTK+ for YEARS, and filed bug reports on it
> for several years only to be shot down and turned away by them.
> That's disappointing.

its not actually a bug, which is why i wrote "bug". its an issue with
the semantics of what a "label" is and how it should behave.

for many applications, the current behaviour of GtkLabel is correct and
desired. for many others, it isn't, hence the work that Evolution's team
had to do.

there are very few people working on the GTK infrastructure. adding a
whole new semantic for labels (or even an option to disable resizing,
which has several side effects) is not likely high on the couple of
personal TODO lists that anyone has.

--p