Buttons and TreeViews

Hi,

in the past few days I've been poking with Nautilus' source code, trying
to (among other mostly useless things) add an ``Eject'' button to drives
appearing in the places sidebar.

Leaving details aside, what I needed is a CellRenderer which displays a
pixbuf and emits a signal when activated. This was pretty easy to do
extending GtkCellRendererPixbuf and handling the "activated" signal --
my bare implementation is actually working; but the result doesn't
satisfy me: the user gets no visual feedback that the eject icon is
active, that is, it can be clicked to achieve an action.

I'd like to know if there's either:

1) A way to catch enter-notify/leave-notify signals from within a
CellRenderer (or some equivalent signal), for the purpose of
``prelighting'' the cell pixbuf -- for visual feedback.

Is it possible to do this using an invisible GdkWindow overlapping the
cell to catch enter-notify/leave-notify signals? I have no idea (a) if
it could work, (b) how to do it :-)

2) An existing implementation of ``CellRenderButton''; that is, a
working implementation of a GtkButton-lookalike widget embedded in a
CellRenderer; it'd be particularly useful if it had support for the
"relief == NONE" property (and so drawing the button outline only when
the cursor is actually standing over the cell).

3) A media-eject button in GTK. The Tango theme/naming scheme actually
has place for a media-eject icon, which unfortunately is not supported
by GTK stock. Am I right? (At the moment I'm using GTK_STOCK_REMOVE for
the eject button, which doesnt' look quite right.)

Could you give me advice/thoughts about these points?

Thanks,

----
Stefano