GtkTreeView mouse hovering

Hi,

I'm new to GTK+ programming, and I've unsurprisingly run into a few
problems while manipulating GTK+ code.

I'd like to know how to add ``mouse hover signaling'' capabilities to a
GtkTreeView, if that's possible at all without writing tons of code.
What I'd like to have is a signal that triggers when the mouse cursor
hovers over a GtkTreeView entry. I'd use it to update a statusbar.

For reference, look at Nautilus bug 45436; the GtkTreeView I'm talking
about is the places' sidebar bookmarks list.

I hope this is the right place to post such questions.

Thanks in advance,

----
Stefano