Re: Where is the PKG-config files for gtk on Red Hat 4?

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 03:58:21PM -0600, ying lcs wrote:

> Let's say I did the step above and install my program correctly.
>
> Will the binary of my program (a program build in RHEL4 with
> 'gtk2-devel') run on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 without
> 'gtk2-devel'?

Yes, it will[*].  Devel mean development, i.e. things
necessary for compilation of programs but not for running
them.

If you intend to distribute the program to other RHEL4
machines, create a rpm package from it.  It's simple (or
I think it is, YMMV) and among other advantages most of
its run-time dependencies on other packages will be
determined correctly automatically (in the typical case).

Yeti

[*] To prevent lawsuits, I should mention there's always
a posibility to screw it up so badly that it won't run.