Re: Where is the PKG-config files for gtk on Red Hat 4?

On 3/8/07, David Nečas (Yeti) <yeti physics muni cz> wrote:

Hopefully you mean RedHat Enhanced Linux 4 (AKA RHEL4), not
the ancient RedHat Linux 4...

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 02:33:44PM -0600, ying lcs wrote:
> Hi, I have set my PKG_CONFIG_PATH as follow:
>
> # echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/share/pkgconfig/:/usr/share/pkgconfig
>
> But when I try to run 'configure' for a program, it can't find gtk+-2.0.pc.
> Can you please tell me what should I set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH to be for
> this to compile?
>
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking for gtk+-2.0 >= 1.3.7... Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in
> the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
> No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
>
> configure: error: Library requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 1.3.7) not met;
> consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
> libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

Install gtk2-devel and everything it depends on (i.e., do
the equivalent of `yum install gtk2-devel').  Then you
should not need to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to anything special
(unless you have other required libraries in special
locations).

Yeti

Thank you for the help. Yes, i am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.

Let's say I did the step above and install my program correctly.

Will the binary of my program (a program build in RHEL4 with
'gtk2-devel') run on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 without
'gtk2-devel'?