Re: How to show the same widget in several containers

Richard, thanks for the reply, maybe I wasn't so clear, or I'm not
fully understanding your sugestion.

On 3/7/07, Richard Boaz <riboaz xs4all nl> wrote:
Hi,

Gtk+ explicitly disallows child widgets being parented more than
once, for good reason.

Make four individual display widgets, and make one pixmap/pixbuf/
whatever to contain the picture.  When you make your picture,
explicitly draw it to each of your display widgets; there is nothing
wrong with displaying the same image more than once...

The thing is that I don't know how to get a picture out of my
widget... Is there any function that allow me to do this? or it should
be implemented in the specific widget?

richard