Re: Cross-compilation for windows

On 3/2/07, Kuang-Chun Cheng <kcc1967 gmail com> wrote:
> Why not just try compiling using cygwin?
> Its been long, but I was able to get gtk compiled on cygwin.

I used cygwin before, but switch to xmingw for two reasons:
1) license.  Cygwin can't be used for commercial product unless
   you order the commercial license.
2) performance of xmingw based application is usually better than
   cygwin because xmingw use native Windows APIs instead of
   wrapper APIs.

Okay... I didnt tried xmingw - my intention was not for commercial purposes.
If thats the case, then xmingw should be good.

My only concern was since Cygwin already ships the libraries, running
a test build would be easy & probably if you plan to take your build
for commercial purposes, maybe you can switch to xmingw.

Thanks,
Makuchaku