Re: glib-mkenums

Thanks a lot for the information. I didn't know yet of the existence of MacPorts. Seems very interesting indeed. I am new to Mac OS. I will dig into it and I am sure this will open more than one doors. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Jacques

2007/6/29, David Nečas (Yeti) <yeti physics muni cz>:
On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 03:34:33PM +0200, Jacques Lederer wrote:
> Hello. I am new to this list. I couldn't find a response in archives nor in
> googling around. I am working on a Mac OS, 10.4. Basically I am trying to
> compile pango (necessary to install gtk)

MacPorts and Fink are not good enough?

> and it complains that glib-mkenums
> command could not be found. I searched all over the place to find either
> that perl script, or some component that would contain it, because indeed
> there is no trace of glib-mkenums on my machine.
> perl 5.8.6 is installed. I am blocked. What can I do?

glib-mkenums comes with GLib, it's called *glib*-mkenums
after all.  If the software distribution you use has
separate run-time and development GLib packages, then it's
in the development part.  If you installed GLib from
sources, you must have it (somewhere).

However, you should not need it in the first place (unless
you modify the enums in Pango headers) as all the generated
files are distributed.  Run configure with
--disable-rebuilds.  Alternatively ensure glib-mkenum is in
PATH.

(In fact, a part of the problem seems to be that you have
Perl, because it makes Pango's configure conclude you have
glib-mkenum too and moreover that it's in PATH -- which is
obvously wrong, I suggest to report this as a bug).

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/