glib-mkenums

Hello. I am new to this list. I couldn't find a response in archives nor in googling around. I am working on a Mac OS, 10.4. Basically I am trying to compile pango (necessary to install gtk) and it complains that glib-mkenums command could not be found. I searched all over the place to find either that perl script, or some component that would contain it, because indeed there is no trace of glib-mkenums on my machine.
perl 5.8.6 is installed. I am blocked. What can I do?

Best regards,
Jacques