Re: gtk or pygtk

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 02:45 -0700, varun_shrivastava wrote:
> hi
> i want to know whether gtk
> is better or pygtk is better
>
> in terms of programming, execution time etc.

You're asking the wrong question.  What I think you're asking is, which
is a better language to use for GTK development? C or Python?  Or C++
(GTKmm) or Java (Java-gnome)?  That's not really a GTK-specific
question; it's more of a language preference question.

In my opinion, Python is the only way to fly for building the GUI
components of apps.  The cpu-intensive things probably need to be done
in C or C++. Fortunately with Python it is very easy to mix C and Python
code.  Using GTK in Python (with the pygtk bindings) is very nice.

That said, GTK development in straight C is actually not bad at all.
GTK's structure is very object-oriented and easy to use.