Re: GTK+ Website Prototype Design

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 08:49:55PM +0530, Yesudeep wrote:
> I've been creating a Website design template for www.gtk.org
> and would like people to review the designs and post comments.
> There is a parallel effort by Martyn here:
>
> http://www.imendio.com/~martyn/gtk/ <http://www.imendio.com/%7Emartyn/gtk/>

This one looks reasonably, although the number of useful
links on the home page decreased considerably and some
things may be hard to find due to the reduction (few people
looking for mailing lists wish to develop Gtk+).  Also, with
no sidebar/box the lines can exceed the optimum length
considerably, even though with short paragraphs this gets
annoying more slowly than the too short lines, unfortunately
quite common on the web.

> Screenshots for my current layouts can be found here:
>
> http://www.jamesbooker.co.uk/~jburd/gtk/screenshot.png<http://www.jamesbooker.co.uk/%7Ejburd/gtk/screenshot.png>

Too little empty space, way too many links to some actual
content, only a handful colorful boxes, measly one type of
background color emphasize, too small and too ordinary
fonts, ... and no dotted frames at all?

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/