Learn GTK

Hi,

I'm an informatics student and I would like to learn GTK. I've written
some GTK programs for the university thanks to some manuals and reading
the API, but I'm not really happy with them. I mean, they work as I want
but I would like to learn how to write good code, something that I could
not found in any manual arround there (almost all are only HelloWorld's
and this kind of programs). What can I do? Buy a GTK book or it is best
starting to read some code?

Thanks for the help,

Xavier Queralt