Background color in notebook tabs

Hi all,

A customer of ours has reported the following problem, which I haven't been
able to reproduce so far. I would appreciate help and pointers as to which
part of gtk+ or pango I should investigate, I don't know where to start here.

This is on HP-UX, using gtk+ 2.10.12
As can be seen on the attached screenshot, the background of labels in a
notebook tab (I don't know yet whether this is also true for labels in other
contexts) is not transparent, and using another color than the standard gray
background.

As far as I know, GtkLabel do not have backgrounds or windows, so I was
assuming the problem might be in pango itself, but I am not sure.

The code that inserts the notebook page is the following. That's written in
Ada, but that's a one-to-one mapping of the C functions, so should be
familiar enough.

      Frame    : Gtk.Frame.Gtk_Frame;
      Label    : Gtk.Label.Gtk_Label;
   begin
      Gtk_New (Frame);
      Gtk_New (Label, Title);
      Append_Page (Win.Notebook, Child => Frame, Tab_Label => Label);

Anybody has any idea on the subject ?

Thanks in advance
Emmanuel