Re: portable socket wrappers

Hello,

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 06:12:47PM +0200, Baurzhan Ismagulov wrote:
> Is there a portable C socket wrapper library for Linux and Win32 with an
> LGPL-like license, before I start implementing it again?

Thanks for the responses! To summarize:

I needed a portable C socket wrapper library that would do WSAStartup,
return uniform error codes instead of WSAEWOULDBLOCK, WSAECONNREFUSED,
etc., and provide something like strerror.

* ACE, Boost -- as others also pointed out, both are C++.
* SDL -- After a quick look at the docs I couldn't see socket functions.
* GNet looks very useful, but I couldn't find the functionality I needed
  in neither GNet, nor socklib.
* BSD sockets are ok, this would be what I would have ended with.

At the end, I've decided to switch to C++ due to other reasons and used
ACE since this is what my colleagues use.

With kind regards,
--
Baurzhan Ismagulov
http://www.kz-easy.com/