Re: Emulating MDI

Robert Pearce wrote:
I have a Windows application I want to port to GTK. In the Windows version it uses the "Multiple Document Interface" scheme, where several "document" windows are placed on the main application canvas, and each of these windows is decorated like a top-level window. For this particular application, that layout makes a lot of sense.

It's not supported natively in GTK+. Most people think that MDI is one of the worst user interface designs ever, and so its lack of support in GTK+ isn't an issue for most people.

That said, if you want to use an MDI-style layout, doing a google search for "GTK MDI" gives http://gtkadi.sourceforge.net as its first hit. Looks actively maintained, too (last SVN commit 2 hours ago).

HTH,

Andrew