Re: GTK+ 2.10.7 released

--- David Neèas (Yeti) <yeti physics muni cz> wrote:

> So what is wrong with the FAQ entry explaining why top is
> not a good tool to find bugs in Gtk+ apps?

I was able to leave 'konqueror' for a week or so, and it didn't
crash, nor it showed increase of memory usgae.

Mozilla stuff shows constant increase in memory usage in 'top',
simply when left for the night, i.e. nobody is browsing nothing:

 6892 sergei    15   0 1283m 858m  25m R    4 42.4 566:23.90 seamonkey-bin

and in the end it always crashes with a gtk produced error message.

Life expectancy of Mozilla is about 2 days - more or less.

Cashing should simply cause no decrease in memory usage, but it should not
increase it if no new stuff is allocated. I believe leaving browser idle
means no allocation of new stuff.

--Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/