Re: GTK+ 2.10.7 released

On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 00:24 -0800, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> [really impressive list of bugs deleted].
>
> As an end gtk+ user I just want to know which of the two
> gtk+2.8.20 <-> 2.10.7 is less buggy.

Indeed 2.10.7.  The impressive list of bugs you saw has only been fixed
in 2.10.7.  Another set fixed in 2.10.6.  Same for 2.10.5, ...  None of
them fixed in 2.8.x.

This idea of thinking about newer series as buggier versions is
fundamentally bogus.  The way you should be thinking about 2.10 is 2.8
plus some new functionality plus lots of bug fixes.  It typically is the
case that if you don't use the new functionality, it's just added value,
not many bugs introduced, etc.  Gtk+ 2.6 vs 2.6 was of course different,
because of moving to cairo.

> And which of them has less memory leaks.

Is Gtk+ known for being leaky?  2.10 has more fixes than 2.8, so for the
same usage, it should be 2.10 that doesn't have more memory leaks.

> Thanks,
>   Sergei.

My 0.02 CAD
--